Eton Mess is an English dessert, fresh and very easy to make, which combines meringue, cream and strawberries. I used cherries instead of strawberries and you can even use other berries, if you like. You can buy the merengues, for a super quick dessert, or make your own.
Cherry Eton Mess
- Cherries: 250g
- Heavy cream: 200ml
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Meringues: 100g, roughly crushed
- Remove the pits from the cherries. With a fork, or with a hand blender, mash them coarsely.
- Beat the cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Roughly fold the mashed cherries into the whipped cream, without stirring too much.
- In the serving bowls, alternate layers of whipped cream and crushed meringues. Serve immediately.