Eton Mess is an English dessert, fresh and very easy to make, which combines meringue, cream and strawberries. I used cherries instead of strawberries and you can even use other berries, if you like. You can buy the merengues, for a super quick dessert, or make your own.
Cherry Eton Mess
- Cherries: 250g
- Heavy cream: 200ml
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Meringues: 100g, roughly crushed
- Remove the pits from the cherries. With a fork, or with a hand blender, mash them coarsely.
- Beat the cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Roughly fold the mashed cherries into the whipped cream, without stirring too much.
- In the serving bowls, alternate layers of whipped cream and crushed meringues. Serve immediately.
GET IN TOUCH
I would love to hear from you on this article, in particular, or on the blog, in general. You can use the comments box at the end of each post or send me an e-mail through the contact page. You can also follow the blog on Instagram and Pinterest and, if you would like to receive the new articles delivered directly to your inbox, you may subscribe the newsletter at the end of this page.
See you soon.