Have a great day!
Lamb stuffed baked zucchinis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/4 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 fresh rosemary stem
- 450g minced lamb
- 3 round zucchinis
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, ground nutmeg and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup boiling water
- Start by preparing the zucchinis. Cut the top of the zucchinis and remove the pulp from the inside with a teaspoon, leaving a margin of about 0.5 cm. Also remove some of the pulp from the tops, to leave them slightly rounded. Chop the zucchinis pulp and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and add the onion. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic, pepper and rosemary and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high and add the meat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink. Add the zucchinis pulp and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes to dry the mixture, stirring frequently.
- Divide the filling by the zucchinis and take to bake in the oven for 45 minutes (put the stuffed zucchinis and their “caps” in the roasting tray side by side, so that the filling will be toasted on top. To serve, then place the “caps” on the zucchinis).
- To make the couscous, boil 1 cup of water. In a large bowl, place a cup of couscous and season with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, ground nutmeg and black pepper. Pour boiling water over and cover (with a plate, for example). After 3 minutes, uncover and stir with a fork to loosen the grains.
- When the zucchinis are ready serve immediately, accompanied with the couscous.
GET IN TOUCH
I would love to hear from you on this article, in particular, or on the blog, in general. You can use the comments box at the end of each post or send me an e-mail through the contact page. You can also follow the blog on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and, if you would like to receive the new articles delivered directly to your inbox, you may subscribe the newsletter at the end of this page.
See you soon.