A suggestion with sea flavor and a taste of holidays. Simple and quick to prepare, it’s a good idea to share with friends on a late evening gathering.
- 1 kg mussels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger (approximately the size of a garlic clove), chopped
- 1 dl white wine dry
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 200 ml cream
- Clean the mussels: rub the shells with a brush under running water, to remove the dirt. If necessary, use a knife. With a strong pull, remove the beards. Discard mussels that are open and do not close when touched.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and sauté the onion over medium heat until translucent. Add chopped garlic and ginger and saute for another minute. Add the wine and cook until it evaporates almost completely.
- Add the mussels, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes over strong heat. Remove them from the pan, leaving the sauce there, and discard any mussels that remain closed.
- Add the coriander and cream to the pan. Reduce the heat and cook to thicken the sauce. Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce, add the mussels back and serve immediately, accompanied with french fries or slices of bread.
GET IN TOUCH
I would love to hear from you on this article, in particular, or on the blog, in general. You can use the comments box at the end of each post or send me an e-mail through the contact page. You can also follow the blog on Instagram and Pinterest and, if you would like to receive the new articles delivered directly to your inbox, you may subscribe the newsletter at the end of this page.
See you soon.