As spring begins, I immediately start to think of the peas and the fava beans that are about to arrive. This pea soup is quick to prepare and takes only peas (you can use frozen), asparagus, leek, spring onion and mint, so it is also a rather light option, as well as tasty.
Pea and asparagus soup
Prep Time: | Cook Time: | Total:
- 300 g asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek (white part only) cut into thin slices
- 1 spring onion cut into thin slices, including the green fronds
- 800 g peas
- 900 ml chicken broth (or water) hot
- Fresh mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fold each asparagus spear individually until it breaks. Discard the bottom and roughly cut the rest, reserving the tips for garnishing.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the leek and onion. Season with a pinch of salt and sauté over medium heat until the vegetables soften, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped asparagus and 600 g of peas. Add the hot broth, or water, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the mint leaves (save some for the end) and puree using an immersion blender (or food processor). Add the remaining peas and asparagus tips and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Serve your pea and asparagus soup immediately, garnished with freshly ground black pepper and chopped mint leaves.
GET IN TOUCH
I would love to hear from you on this article, in particular, or on the blog, in general. You can use the comments box at the end of each post or send me an e-mail through the contact page. You can also follow the blog on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and, if you would like to receive the new articles delivered directly to your inbox, you may subscribe the newsletter at the end of this page.
See you soon.