Raw chocolate banana cake
- 4 ripe bananas
- 150g Brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (see how to make homemade vanilla extract)
- 125g all-purpose flour
- 60g raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 50g raw chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Put a few drops of olive oil on a little piece of kitchen paper and grease a loaf pan. Line with parchment paper.
- Peel three bananas and, with a fork, hand blender or food processor, make a coarse puree.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until creamy. Add the olive oil, vanilla extract and banana puree and mix well.
- Sift the flour together with the cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder; Add the salt and mix until all the ingredients are just combined, but without overmixing. Incorporate the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pre-prepared pan. Peel the last banana, cut it lengthwise and arrange the two halves on top of the cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean or with a few dry crumbs.
- Allow the banana cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then unmold and cool on a rack.
If you feel like eating a chocolate cake but don’t want to wait too long, why not make a chocolate mug cake?
GET IN TOUCH
I would love to hear from you on this article, in particular, or on the blog, in general. You can use the comments box at the end of each post or send me an e-mail through the contact page. You can also follow the blog on Instagram and Pinterest and, if you would like to receive the new articles delivered directly to your inbox, you may subscribe the newsletter at the end of this page.
See you soon.