Red quinoa salad with split peas, spinach, feta and poached egg
1/2 cup of red quinoa
1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 handful of split peas
1 handful of baby spinach leaves
50 g of feta cheese
Sea salt, to taste
For the sauce:
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1 small clove of garlic, grated
1 pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, add the quinoa, a cup of water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a minimum and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa absorbs all the water.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the split peas for 2 to 3 minutes over a high heat. They should be slightly toasted but still with some texture.
- In a small saucepan, add water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Break the egg into a bowl or cup and then carefully pour it into the boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce.
- On the serving plate, place the cooked quinoa, sautéed peas, raw spinach and poached egg. Crumble the feta cheese on top and drizzle with the sauce. Serve immediately.
If you care to leave a comment bellow, I would really like to hear from you. You can also follow this blog on Instagram or subscribe to the newsletter at the bottom of this page. This way you will receive an e-mail whenever I publish a new post. For projects, collaborations or any other questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact page to get in touch.
See you soon.