What makes this orange cake special? It is a good recipe to give to the children of the house to make. Is prepared quickly and without much fuss, you just need a large bowl to combine all the ingredients. The old recipe I have mentions vegetable oil but I have been substituting it with yogurt and think it gets better, either in taste or texture. It’s the kind of recipe that always reminds me that the some of the best things in life are the simpler ones.
Have a great day!
Simple orange cake
- Eggs: 4
- Sugar: 2 cups
- Greek yogurt: 1/2 cup (you can use vegetable oil instead)
- Orange juice: 1 cup
- Zest of 1 orange
- All-purpose flour: 2 cups
- Baking poder: 1 tablespoon
- Butter and flour to grease the pan
- Preheat oven to 180º C. Grease a cake pan with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, yogurt (or oil), orange juice and zest. Mix well with a balloon whisk.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until combined.
- Put the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly and take out from the pan.
GET IN TOUCH
I would love to hear from you on this article, in particular, or on the blog, in general. You can use the comments box at the end of each post or send me an e-mail through the contact page. You can also follow the blog on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and, if you would like to receive the new articles delivered directly to your inbox, you may subscribe the newsletter at the end of this page.
See you soon.